I’ve been yearning for some pizzas for a while. Everyone knows that pizzas = calories.
I wanted to eat something clean and yet tasty. I’ve been browsing through my recipes on the internet and I finally made my own pizza with cauliflower crust !!
Sounds strange ? Well, just try it and let me know ! 🙂
I made 4 small pizzas and 5 mini pizzas with these ingredients. Else, you can get about 2 medium and 1 small pizzas.
- 4 cups of shredded cauliflower or a head of big cauliflower
- 200g shredded cheddar cheese
- 100g shredded parmesan cheese
- 100g shredded mozzarella Cheese
- 3 eggs
- 2 tsp thyme leaves
- 3 garlics (minced)
- 1 tsp Olive Oil
- 1 cup tomato ketchup
- 3 medium size tomatoes
- 1 cup mixed vegetables
- 2 red onion(medium size)
- 1/2 of green bellpepper
- 20 pitted black olives
- 3 tsp thyme leaves
- Shred cauliflower in a food processor and microwave in a bowl for 8 min.
- Once taken out, put the cauliflower on a fabric and squeeze all the water.
- Mix in 100g of the cheddar cheese, 2 tsp of thyme leaves and garlic to the cauliflower and, save rest for topping
- Crack the 3 eggs and mix all ingredients together.
- Brush the silicone mat with oil and make a nice round base of cauliflower-cheese crust.
- Bake in oven for 10 min at 180 degrees celcius.
- After 10 minutes, take the silicone mat out of the oven and flip the crust so as to get both sides evenly baked. Put the crust back for an additional 10 minutes.
- Slice the 2 tomatoes, red onions and black olives thinly.
- Steam the mixed vegetables and add a pinch of salt once the mixed vegetables are cooked.
- Mixed all the parmesan, cheddar and mozzarella cheese.
- Take out crust, top with sauce and toppings.
- Drizzle with olive oil and place back in oven for another 10-15 min.
Note : I would recommend using silicone mats instead of aluminum foil. The crust has a tendency to stick on the aluminum foil whereas for the silicone mat, it’s easier to take it off.
Have fun with this one. I hope you like the recipe.
It’s definitely not the same as with a flour crust pizza but TRY IT. You will be surprised 🙂